What you will be part of:
Saab Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. MTM operates in the markets for Coastal Surveillance and Vessel Traffic Management systems, Port and Information Management systems and Terminal Operating Systems.
We are looking for a Customer Support Engineer who wants to gain insight into our advanced systems in both software and hardware, in order to support our customers adequately. You will be part of the support desk that is part of the Customer Support & Service Engineering department.
You are responsible for accepting incidents from our customers. These can be incidents where a system component is not working properly or requests for support. You are the first contact the customer has with our organization regarding these incidents. Your task is to obtain the best possible overview of the content of the incident, to record it in our incident management system, Ultimo and to assign a colleague to follow up the incident. Chasing open incidents is also part of your job. In addition, you will be involved in the periodic reporting to our customers about the progress of the incidents.
You are responsible to:
- Handle reported incidents; answers questions from customers;
- Perform an accurate administration of incidents;
- Coordinate follow-up activities;
- Escalate to relevant stakeholders;
- Support the Customer Support Manager or other relevant stakeholders in understanding, addressing, resolving, and communicating about ongoing reported incidents and service issues and to identify opportunities;
- Handle hardware logistics, RMA’s, replenishment of spare parts and consumables;
Experience and skills:
- Secondary Vocational Education (MBO level 4) in a relevant subject or relevant experience;
- Communicate fluently in Dutch and English, both verbally and written;
- Natural drive to support;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Relevant knowledge of (support) experience in a technical setting;
- Analytic, flexible and creative;
- No 9-5 mentality;
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.