There Are Three Operating Units Within TM
- Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
- Air Traffic Management (ATM), provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
- Maritime Traffic Management (MTM), delivers an integrated suite of solutions for waterway authorities, port and terminal operators, ship owners and the off-shore industry.
- Public Safety focuses on delivering control room solutions for defense, critical infrastructure, public safety and enterprise organizations world-wide.
- For these solutions we integrate our own system products with third party products. At any given moment, Saab's solutions contribute to handling over a quarter of all air traffic and over a quarter of all commercial shipping around the world.
- TM is a diverse and capable team of 700 employees spread over three continents, of which approximately 100 work in the office in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. At that office we have an important part of the teams that serve the aviation and maritime market.
We’re seeking a junior Systems Integration and Test Engineer for operating unit MTM:
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior System Integration and Test Engineer with knowledge of system testing, requirements analysis and who is capable of becoming proficient in the application of our operational systems. You will be adapting the system configuration to meet with the design and the customers wishes. You will also perform the integration and test activities of newly developed software, including writing and executing acceptance test cases and manuals, describing the transition strategy and collaborate with the software development teams and subcontractors.
You Are Responsible To
- Adapt the configuration to match the customer specific design;
- Define, describe and apply verification criteria and tests for custom developments;
- Set up and maintain the test system in the factory;
- Integrate custom developed software into project specific build;
- Define the transition of the system to the customer;
- -Install computer hardware, equipment and software in factory;
- Install the software, integrate and tune the system at the customers premises;
- Host and conduct customer witnessed acceptance tests;
- Customize operational and maintenance manuals;
- Prepare and execute maintenance trainings for customers;
- Support the system design;
- Support and report to Project Manager.
- As a Systems Integration and Test Engineer, you may also be requested to voluntary join the 24/7 service, which will be fairly compensated in your remuneration.
Your Skills And Experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject or relevant experience;
- Communicate (writing) fluently English and Dutch;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Training skills and skills to create/ update manuals;
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Understanding the Shipping/Vessel Traffic Management domain;
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting, Software engineering and data networks;
- Understanding of the SCRUM/Agile methods for software development;
- Travel up to 20% may be required, nationally and/or internationally.