What you will be part of:
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. One of the operating units within TM is Air Traffic Management (ATM), the solution provider of air traffic control tower systems.
At ATM, we develop full air traffic control systems for the tower operations. All flights on and around the airport are planned, monitored and controlled by our system, providing the essential tools for the air traffic controllers to perform their tasks as safe and efficient as possible.
The ATM department consists of an enthusiastic team of project managers, systems engineers, installation managers, software engineers, test and integration and support engineers. The products of Saab are applied in various projects worldwide, in the area of Air Traffic Services inside air traffic control tower at airports and remotely allowing control of multiple airports from one location.
This vacancy applies to the Product Development group in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. The Product Development group in Apeldoorn develops together with team members in Sweden the Saab Integrated Air Traffic Control Suite (I-ATS) product. Worldwide, air traffic controllers use the I-ATS product to monitor and control the aircraft movements in and around the airports.
We are looking for a Product System Engineer within Air Traffic Management, who is capable of quickly becoming proficient in the application of our product. You will be involved in (software) product system design, system integration and testing, acceptance for system engineering aspects, and interfacing with Project System Engineers that use the product in their operational systems.
You are responsible for:
- Effectively contributing to the evaluation of the product;
- Interacting with projects, and together with Project System Engineers map project requirements to system solutions based on Saab Integrated Air Traffic Control Suite product;
- Creating system designs for product extensions and coordinate with software development;
- Maintaining product’s Hardware Specification List for usage by proposals and projects;
- Contributing to product configuration, integration and acceptance testing;
- Performing activities based on applicable policies, guidelines, cost awareness, rules and procedures (incl. those related to safety, quality and environment);
- Advising on the development of Saab products, process improvements and technical capabilities in commercial projects;
Your experience and skills:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Communicate fluently in English, both verbally and written;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic environment;
- Self-motivated, looking for work to make things better;
- Knowledge of system and software engineering;
- In depth knowledge of network, security and Linux;
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Do you want to join us from our location in Apeldoorn committed to safe, efficient and secure air traffic management around the world? Do you have the talent and drive to really make a difference to complex air traffic control operations?
If you feel that this job is interesting, enjoy working with modern technology in a dynamic team and have some of the skills and merits mentioned above, then you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send in your application.
We offer an attractive primary and secondary employment conditions package.
If you are selected to work, a screening procedure will be part of the job application process.