At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be a part of
Air Traffic Management Tower Systems (ATM TS) develops world-class air traffic control products. These systems streamline air traffic control for airports ranging in size from small private airports to global hubs. Saab ATM continues to be a world leader in air traffic control systems by continuously developing innovative products, such as the Integrated Air Traffic Control Suite (I-ATS), which digitally upgrades and consolidates air traffic control towers, and the Digital Tower system, which allows airports to be remotely controlled. Our solutions manage thousands of incoming and outgoing flights all over the world. As such, accessibility and safety are of the highest priority.
We currently looking for a Software Engineer (C++) ATM.
As part of the development team, you will collaborate closely with other software and systems engineers in the design and development of air traffic management products.
The main tasks are:
- Decomposing stakeholder requirements into software design.
- Developing software.
- Developing software test methods.
- Conducting and supporting software integration.
- Conducting alternatives analysis and proposing solutions in support of stakeholder change requests.
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings.
- Collaborating and communicating with internal stakeholders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent working experience.
- Proficient in: C++;
- Excellent communication skills in English, and preferable Dutch.
- Great collaboration skills.
- Ability to develop software designs and configurations that meet customer needs.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience in complex software systems with agile development methodologies.
- Aviation interest.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 14,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.