What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. One of the operating units within TM is Air Traffic Management (ATM), the solution provider of air traffic control tower systems.
At ATM, we develop full air traffic control systems for the tower operations. All flights on and around the airport are planned, monitored and controlled by our system, providing the essential tools for the air traffic controllers to perform their tasks as safe and efficient as possible.
The ATM department consists of an enthusiastic team of project managers, systems engineers, installation managers, software engineers, test and integration and support engineers with offices in Gothenburg in Sweden and Apeldoorn in the Netherlands. The products of Saab are applied in various projects worldwide, in the area of Air Traffic Services inside air traffic control tower at airports and remotely allowing control of multiple airports from one location.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Project Manager ATM.
The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of our Air Traffic Management projects around the globe. You will be involved in the acquisition phase of projects, and be responsible in the execution phase from kick-off until project closure. Work to expand existing projects and develop solutions that address customer needs. Conduct/maintain competitive analyses for your area of focus. Develop strategies to overcome competitive threats as new business is pursued. Contribute to best practices in project management strategy and tactics. Your areas of responsibility include subcontract management, financial control, risk management, quality and planning.
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited institution in a relevant subject;
- At least fifteen years of relevant project or program manager experience in a high tech international business-to-business environment;
- Project management certification (IPMA-C/B or PMI-Project Management Professional)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time;
- Experience with financial control, risk management, reporting and customer relations;
- Experience with Gross margin project responsibility;
- Experience with issuing additional work offers and new tender processes;
- Experience with managing subcontractors in various areas (e.g. Hardware & Sensors);
- An excellent team builder with proven interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels;
- Ability to travel (approximately 30% of your time);
- Communicate fluently in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Analytical thinker, flexible, energetic and creative;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.